- Ibérico ham only contains 185 calories per 100 grams, and for this reason is recommended by nutritionists as part of a healthy diet.
- It helps to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL) thanks to its high oleic acid content (the same fat that is in olive oil).
- It has a positive effect on cardiovascular illnesses.
- 'Pata Negra' means 'black foot', referring to the color of the Iberian pig's trotter.
- The pigs are raised in total freedom and during acorn season, from November to February, they eat almost 10KG of acorns (bellotas) every day.
- Between 4 and 5 years pass from the birth of the pig until the ham is ready to eat. The majority of this time is taken up by the natural and artisanal curing process of this delicacy.
“Pata Negra means black foot”